- This event has passed.
Reiki Level 1 Certification
September 11, 2021 @ 10:30 am—5:00 pm CDT$150
*THIS IS A 2-DAY EVENT*
DAY 1: SEPTEMBER 11, 10:30am – 5pm
Day 2: SEPTEMBER 12, 11:00am – 5pm
Reiki is a traditional Japanese practice, which treats the mind, body, and spirit through the gentle application of hands-on or distance healing.
During Reiki 1 training, you are taught the general principles of Reiki and become familiarised with its history and roots.
You will learn how to feel and use the energy flowing within all living things. You will also be taught and have hands-on practice on how to give a treatment, firstly to yourself and secondly to other people. This part of the course assists the integration of energy and gives you the tools to become a Reiki Practitioner.
On completion of the course, you will receive a manual, the First Degree Reiki Certificate as well as ongoing support and advice.
Price for Participation: $150
Purchase Tickets HERE
The Reiki First Degree Level 1 course is conducted over 1.5 days and covers the following:
- Introduction to Reiki and introduction to metaphysics
- The history and story of Reiki
- The Reiki Principles
- Attunement Process
- Demonstration of hand positions for self and a self-treatment
- Hand positions for treatment of others
- Practice giving and receiving Reiki
- A discussion of how to do sessions on animals
- Code of practice and ethics for use of Reiki
- People in compassionate careers such as nurses, counselors, and doctors
- Mothers who want to heal their children, especially those children with special needs
- Professionals in high-stress environments who look for self-healing techniques to apply to their daily lives
- Teachers who work with children, particularly in large and overcrowded classrooms
- Massage therapists who work on people’s energies through physical work
- Light-workers who feel the calling to help and heal others by channeling light energy
- Life coaches who believe their work could benefit from a better understanding, deeper knowledge or first-hand experience of energy work
ABOUT YOUR PRESENTER:
Helen Whatley is a Licensed Massage Therapist, a Certified Zero Balancer, and a Reiki Master/Teacher. Helen has been teaching in one arena or another for over twenty-five years. She enjoys sharing her skills with others and helping them do what they want to do with more ease and skill. Helen enjoys teaching Reiki and helping others connect with this universal life force so that they can find ways to help their own bodies, minds, and spirits work together to achieve a balanced whole.
Helen sees clients at Cooperative Healing at her private office in Champaign, where she offers her full range of services, including Relaxation and Therapeutic Massage; Fijian Massage; Cupping; CranioSacral Therapy (CST) SomatoEmotional Release through CST, and work with the Immune System and with the Acupuncture Meridians through CST; Zero Balancing; Reiki, and Chakra Readings and Chakra Balancing. Helen also works with her clients through visualization and guided mini-meditations to help them connect more fully with their own bodies, to facilitate continued healing. Helen has partnered with Soul Care, where she offers Zero Balancing; CranioSacral Therapy, including SER, Immune System, and Meridian work; OrthoBionomy; and Reiki services, and will be teaching Reiki and Ethics classes.
Helen also loves to knit and crochet and views both as a sort of productive meditation. She is developing classes in meditative knitting and hopes to offer them here soon.